CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hooray for great days!

Today was fantastic.

Scottie's alarm woke me up for the first time this school year at around 5:45am, after which I realized that I would have woken up anyway due to the growling stomach. (This baby is hungry all the time!!!) When I stumbled out of our dark and cozy bedroom, my husband greeted me with a surprised look on his face, and gave me the sweetest hug while asking "Why are you out of bed?"- Just like I know he will to our kids when they get up too early :) :) I got all warm and squishy feeling, getting one more confirmation that not only did I pick the perfect mate, he's going to make a great father, too. With that, I had a bowl of cereal, we cuddled and played with the dog, then I got to go back to sleep for a few hours as he headed off to school.

The second time I woke up, it was to Koko staring at me, which is cute and scary all rolled together. It was 8:30, and we were cutting into her normal breakfast schedule, so I got up and fed her and myself (again! 2nd breakfast!). We went outside, played, and watched "It's me or the Dog" and cuddled for a few minutes. I felt like I had a TON of energy at that point, so I got dressed, did my hair, picked up around the house for a little bit, and then headed off to school.

I did pretty well in class today- didn't bomb, fall behind or just throw my hands up and say that it's too hard. I even got ahead a little! Yay! Then, after class, I practiced for a half hour or so, then headed uptown to enjoy the weather and read a magazine. I had plans to meet Kendra and Corey for lunch/dinner today, and we decided on Bob Evans. I probably should have picked somewhere different, but it seemed to work with everyone, and we had a lovely time, talking about our standard ladylike topics: farting, poo, and the dildos we work with.

I nearly fell asleep on the drive home, it was all so tiring, but fun and for some reason I feel accomplished. When I got home, Scottie and I played some Mariokart (not smart, he's been testy about that), and then decided to rearrange our office- we moved the piano so it's not so crowded against the computer. Now I have more room to spread out, and Koko seems to like the additional floor space for laying under my feet as I practice.

I got a very nice message on Facebook today from one of my former teachers, (who also happens to be one of Scottie's friends) saying that he thinks we'll make great parents. I don't know what he's basing that on, but I'll definitely take it! Also got a chance to talk to Michelle in Knoxville tonight- she didn't have the world's best day, but it was good to talk and know that we're missed down there- especially Scottie. Don't tell him, but I think he misses it too :) I can't wait to get a trip scheduled- I want to see some live SEC football at Neyland!!!

No go as of now on the slideshow of K-town. Our computer isn't letting me download adobe, and that's crazy, so I'll have to find another way around it.

Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow :)

0 comments: