CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Catching up

Haven't posted anything in a while, but that doesn't mean that we haven't been rolling in hilarity over here.

The pregnancy is going well so far. The worst of it seems to be the pain in my right hip, but since that was bad pre-pregnancy, I'm not really considering that an issue. I'm already 21 weeks along, and have been feeling some somersaults and a few kicks here and there. Scottie can't feel anything, even when his hands are resting right on my belly. I suppose there's plenty of time for that, but he's frustrated about it.

We've had a dilemma facing us for the past 7 weeks. He wants to know the baby's gender, I would rather be surprised. I think being surprised is old fashioned and sweet, and he doesn't understand why we wouldn't take advantage of available information. I didn't want to run into choosing a name before we see the child, even though it would be nice to narrow down nursery and clothing choices. Plus, it seemed so "un-special" to find out in an ultrasound room. So...compromise: We're asking our doctor to write it down on a specially printed piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Since our appointment is on November 12th, it's not too much longer of a wait until Thanksgiving, where we'll see all of our (important?) family members. We're planning on opening the envelope in front of everyone, thereby making it more special. I'm in the process of researching cutsey poems to put on the card.

All I want to eat is birthday cake. I can't stop thinking about cake. I already told Scottie that I want a birthday cake when I give birth (being as it's someone's BIRTHDAY!), but it's to the point where I pause and really consider buying one when I grocery shop. If only cake had extra folic acid, calcium and good things in it, instead of sugar and thetans. Oh well...

Scottie had his first gathering with band parents last night, and it was smashing. We went to a band dad's house after their last contest to burn one of the props (he lives out in the boonies), and Scottie had such a good time, he was inspired to build a fire pit. The more I think about it, our backyard seems to small for it, but we'll see.

Plus, he told me tonight (when I was being surly) that if I didn't stop "I'm going to wait until you're pumped full of all those numbing drugs from the waist down, and name that baby Volvo."

Gotta love it.

0 comments: