So, I was encouraged via (someone else's) text message the other day to *ahem* ".. update (my) damn blog". :)
Happy to oblige.
Let's back up to where we left off.... the ultrasound to determine (or not?) baby's sex. When we scheduled the appointment, we were told that taking the earliest available appointment that day would guarantee that we got in and out pretty quickly, as it's the first appointment, and our Dr. had a far lower chance of running behind. Not the case. Scottie didn't want to miss this ultrasound, one because he missed the very first one we did (where the baby is giving us the "metal" face), and two because he wanted to find out the sex. So, we scheduled it early, at time that would not conflict with his classes at all, giving us plenty of time for the appointment.
We then proceeded to wait more than an hour before being seen by our doctor. I let the staff have it. Not that I'm more important than ANYONE else, but for the love of Pete, if something is preventing him from keeping his appointments on track (like DELIVERING BABIES...) then LET US KNOW. We finally get into the ultrasound room, are told that all the scary blood tests came back negative (Cystic Fibrosis, Spina bifida, etc.) everything gets going, we get a little peek at our baby (mostly the butt cheeks, but it's a really comforting feeling to see what's going on in there) then the doc has to leave for a C-Section!!! Not to mention that Scottie had to cancel a class just to accommodate the extra wait time, and now we have nothing to show for it. GAH!!!
** I wish to interrupt this rant to explain that I am actually glad that he left my ultrasound to attend to another patient's c-section. I would want the same if I were in that situation, of course. I am a rational person. HOWEVER. Coupled with the frustration of the incompetent (and rude) front desk girls, the hour long wait, and the bladder I was not allowed to empty, this made for a VERY frustrating experience**
Good thing to come out of this: we got to go back and get an extra peek!
So, Take 2. 8:45 am Thursday, November 13th. The next day.
I forget the envelope, the paper, the poem.... everything cute that I had decided on. Why I didn't leave it in my purse, I'll never know. So, Scottie got his wish, and we asked the doc to tell us. A few swipes of the wand later and we hear "Oh! You've got a boy!" Exactly what I thought!!! So, we're having a boy. Boy boy boy boy boy. Even though I "knew" it all along, it's still an amazing thing to consider. We'll have a son. We don't have to pay for a wedding with this one! (unless he is duped into marriage by some whiny girl that wants a big wedding but can't pay for it and we love our son too much to tell him that he's making a huge mistake... oops...) We have a list of names that we're working with, but we will not name him until we see him. Period. Scottie even has a student that made a list for us... adorable.
Daddy has already painted the nursery, and we bought bedding and a stroller/car seat system a few weekends ago. The little kicks and flutters that I was feeling occasionally have turned into very regular occurrences that can be both felt and seen from the outside. Last night I woke Scottie up because baby was making my belly dance. There are times that it feels like he's working on choreography from the Matrix in there...or at least practicing a bicycle kick. Yes, it's a VERY weird feeling (like a strong but irregular muscle spasm), but also very reassuring that everything is ok and working in there. Scottie and I can't wait to see and hold him, but we've been telling him that he's not allowed to come out until Daddy's birthday (March 7th... he'd only be 2 weeks early). I know it's unlikely, but I'm praying that he makes his appearance exactly on his due date: March 20th. I may have mentioned this, but that's my Poppa's (mom's dad's) birthday, and it would just be so very special to give him a great grandchild as a birthday gift.
Not to make this whole thing about my pregnancy, but in addition to the journal I'm keeping with thoughts for my son (to be shared when he has reached an appropriate age), this is a good way to record things that are going-on. Plus, I have very little else going on other than teaching lessons and volunteering to teach 5th and 6th graders 3 days a week. (Volunteering= Free...). And piano class, but who wants to hear about that? I would only be bitching about how whiny undergraduates are in general as well as how generally frustrating singers can be... and that's just not good karma.
Have a few more stories (Thanksgiving- with pictures, and Black Friday madess) to post, and will do so at a later date.
Peace. (And I mean that now with all sincerity, because I'm having a baby that could very well be drafted during his lifetime. So, PEACE DAMMIT.)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
By request...
Posted by Jess at 11:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment