The weather here in East Tennessee has certainly taken us for a ride while we've been down here. Last year at this time, we'd already had a dusting of snow that caused the silly Southerners to cancel school for fear it was another blizzard. It was at least chilly, and I had a reason to get out my sweaters. Now when I wear them, I'm doing just that! Sweating! It was 75 degrees on Tuesday. I ran errands with no coat. It's DECEMBER, people!! I'm having a hard time understanding how people in the Southern states get in the Christmas spirit when it's not even cold enough to drink hot chocolate. We're really looking forward to getting up to Ohio for the holidays, just to get our "fix" of cold weather, especially since we'll be spending New Years Eve in Tampa during the Outback Bowl (look for pictures, as soon as I can get them onto photobucket after the game) It's sure to be an awesome time, but the most important thing is that I get to spend New Year's Eve with my HUSBAND! Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a big issue, but this will be our first New Year's together in THREE YEARS. So, technically speaking, it's our first New Years as a married couple. Mike and Kendra even have one on us, since they got married on December 30th last year :)
News Team Update:
Assembly '07 went so well, we decided to repeat it. For those that are unaware, I have three girlfriends from college that I see as often as I can, either together or seperately. We've stayed close, united initially by our majors, then our sorority, then by our sense of humor and general abilities for mischief-making. Due to our obsession with the movie Anchorman, we've dubbed ourselves the News Team. Kendra is Ron Burgandy (or Papa Burgandy, since her voice can make a wolverine purr), Laurel is Brik Tamblen for obvious reasons, Corey is Brian Fantana, as she's the stylish one of the group, and I round things out as Champ Kindd, since I'm all about fun. Though it has been difficult for the past few go-rounds, we've made a commitment to get together at least once a year for a weekend and just be girls and have fun. We have been fortunate recently in that three of us have been married, so we've all been together for those occasions, and we spend a few days in Oxford this summer, mainly reminiscing about good days. This winter, we're trying something never been done before:
We're assembling with our husbands/fiance in tow.
I am nervous about this, people. The last time my husband saw me "in action", as he puts it, he spent most of the time pretending he didn't know me/ being embarrassed about my behavior. Though for clarity, I was a little buzzed, and it was only with Kendra and Corey- at Laurel's wedding, so she was occupied and unable to temper our bitchy behavior. Anyway.
My point of anxeity comes from having the boys all together for the first time. I feel like this is a barometer for the future of our friendship- if the boys all get along together, we'll have a very easy time spending a long weekend together as a group in the future. If they don't get along, or they choose to be more quiet than usual, then the Newsteam husbands will have to stay home. At least until we divorce and get new ones that play nicely together. :)
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Short Sleeves in December?!
Posted by Jess at 4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Have no fear. Worst case scenario, you four will romp and play being your typical mischievious selves, while the mens sit on the couch either staring at each other strangely having no idea what to say to each other, or all burying their heads in their hands secretly all sharing the same thought of; 'Oh... God... and I gotta do this every year.' But YOU.. will be fine. :D
Post a Comment