CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

John Meyers (Tuesday, Feb 22nd, 2007)

(If you "get" the subject line, you know that it's a joke from the once-aired episode of "John Mayer has a TV Show". Basically, he spent most of the time dressed up in a bear outfit wandering around the parking lots of his shows before hand, talking to people that were firing up for the concert. He started most of the conversations by saying "Are you here to see John Meyers?" When the girls would correct him, he would usually say something derrogatory about himself...while in the cover of the large bear costume.)
So, I'll probably post more later, but tonight was the long-awaited Crimmus present from my husband: TICKETS TO THE JOHN MAYER CONCERT!!
It was fantastic. I've decided that I want to be John Mayer's guitar when I grow up, just so he'll hold me like that. DAMN that man can play.
Some things said during the concert by the man himself:
"It's too early for talky-talky" (after the first tune)
"Heh. I always play that song (a warm-up riff). It sounds like science film-strip music. *plays riff* And what else can we learn while we explore the sea? *plays riff again* Let us continue our journey to discover the molecule"
"I'd like to dedicate this song to me, 'cause nobody ever does that" (Waiting on the World to Change)
"I guess you'll have to meet the horn section later..." (after they wandered off during a song)
"Looking out into the crowd, I see nice people. You guys are all nice, good people, I can feel it. I don't have assholes for fans. You guys put assholes in their place!"
"I wrote this song with all sincerity, and I ain't got no problem with that" (Your Body is a Wonderland)
He also dropped in a few jokes about Richard Dawson, and put some teenagers and their signs into check. Very well done.
Fantastic concert overall, and I know this by the rockin' headache/earache/throatache I'm sportin'. My husband rules. Good thing I'm off tomorrow...

"It's not that we don't care, we just know that the fight ain't fair..."

0 comments: