I'm obliging a few requests to post something here, as there are a few people who find my ramblings entertaining. I'm flattered, truly.I came to a starting realization about how old I am vs. how old I feel recently. I was on the phone with my good friend Corey, and noticed that our conversation took a turn into the subject area of fiber, joint supplements and how much sleep we had/hadn't been getting. And just for clarification, the lack of sleep of course isn't due to any raucous partying or crazy all-night whatsits...at least on my end. I'm twenty six years old, and I feel WAY older than I probably should. Things click when I move. I groan when I get out of bed in the morning. I can't drink for distance anymore, and I certainly can't hold my own in a sprint. I look at a bottle of wine, or vodka and instead of thinking about how ridiculous the night could get, I get flashes of myself on the bathroom floor, and think about the impending headache that will be the next day. This, while sad, is the existence that I'm forced to reckon with. Case number two regarding how old I feel: I got a strangely cryptic phone message from my 14 year old cousin last night, desperately wanting me to call her back. Here I am thinking that this is some life or death panicky "I'm going to start high school and I don't know if I can do it" kind of pep talk that I'm about to give...but alas. As it turns out, she wants to know whether or not I think that Zach Ephron *sp?* is gay. I think this person is one of her friends, and I ask her all the right questions, of course, like "Does it really matter?" and "Will you like him less if he is?" and "Why is this important to you?" when I am informed by my cousin that the person in question is NOT a personal friend, but the actor in a horrendous, yet popular movie. (Anyone hear of "High School Musical"? Yeah. That guy.) *Sigh* I'm out of touch. Drastically.I'd say more, but at this point, it's 10:30. I have to take my metamucil and lay down on a heating pad now. Talk to me at the early bird dinner...I hear it's pureed steak day.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment