CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Recent Victories

The past four days have been absolutely full of surprises, small victories and overall blessings. I'll start from Thursday.
Scottie had an interview in Celina, Ohio, for a middle school band director job. Though there are some scheduling kinks that still need to be worked out within the program, it would be a good job. Not immediately our preference, but a good place nonetheless. Friday, after the interview, and as he was getting ready to head back to Tennessee, around 11am, he received a call from a secretary in the Olentangy school district asking him in for an interview for yet another position (this one is near Columbus). He took the bull by the horns and asked them if he could come in that day, since he was immediately available. They said ok, so he essentially got 2 interviews when he only expected one. I hope his suit stayed clean...

They both went VERY well, He asked some tough questions and got validation that some things that he was nervous about, re-entering a public school system and dealing with administrators again. His questions and answers to their questions were all well-received, and in either case, we'll know something by the end of the month. It's a great position to be in, considering that we didn't know how we were going to be able to feed the pets after May. And, really, if neither of these end up being the job that he gets, at least he's getting calls, and looks good enough on paper to ask in as a potential candidate. That alone is a very exciting prospect.

Saturday, I had probably the most perfect day that I've experienced in a while. I met Michelle at the rec center for a long work out in the morning, after which we headed to Market Square to eat lunch and check out the Dogwood Arts festival. Lunch was FABULOUS. Not wanting to un-do the hard work we'd put in, we were looking for somewhere with a big salad- enter Trio. We got to eat outside (beautiful 73 degree weather), and each had an enormous salad that was custom-ordered. Definitely a must-go again. After walking around the booths on Market Square and talking about makeup, we decided to head to West Town Mall, and raid Sephora, where we demoed and purchased Bare Minerals. Oh, my goodness. It's everything that Kendra and the infomercials said it would be. I love love love it, and I feel really pretty in it, too. We also took New York and Company for a ton of clothes collectively...she found a kickass dress for 8.00. That's talent. Tried raiding White House, Black Market and Ann Taylor as well, but we were not as successful in that endeavor.
I came home, my husband was back from his trip, so we took a nap and then had a dinner date for the first time in a week. All in all, a perfect Saturday for me.

Sunday (today) began with Koko waking us up as usual, but an hour or so into our day, we received a phone call from an "unknown" number. Just as I was musing who it could be....it was. Greg Melchior, of all people, was calling from Japan!!! (He calls it the magic future phone because of the date difference) Main purpose of the call: They'd just had baby number 2!!!! Another boy, this one named Shawn (or Sean or Shaun...not sure on spelling) He and Scottie caught up on life for close to 2 hours, and I even got a word in to hear about Hisayo and the new baby. Forgot to ask how big brother Erik is doing with all this, but I suppose they'll find out in a few days when they bring baby and momma home from the hospital. I saw Scottie's face light up about a million times, but the conversation somehow rolled around to trumpet playing and pulling each other's pants down...just like undergrad. How cute. If he saw Greg in an airport, I have a feeling that they'd try to play bag tag. Just sayin'.

So far so good, life. Keep on givin us the good stuff, and we'll keep making good things out of it. If blessings keep coming, we'll know by the beginning of May where we will live and make our lives for the next 10 years or so. Wow. So many changes so fast, but so very much to be thankful for....

And! I've lost 7 pounds over the last week and a half. Awesome for me :)

Please keep your fingers crossed, and think good thoughts for us!
Updates as they come...

0 comments: