Beautiful weather!
I was able to take the dog for 3 walks this week, and 2 were with my husband. That was lovely. The temperature is at that beautiful pre-spring 50-ish degree mark that I so enjoy because I can run around in a sweatshirt instead of a coat. A few more weeks, and we'll be able to get our backyard measured for a fence and start working on a patio!
Tuesday
After my meltdown on Monday afternoon/evening, I got a call to go to dinner with Kenz. I know I already mentioned that, but it was wonderful to spend some girl time together. That, plus the heat wave, plus target= great day that really set me up for the rest of the week :)
Grocery Game= WIN!
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm developing an obsession with grocery and coupon websites. This week was the first week I made the game work for me, and I definitely won. What would have been (roughly) a $115 trip to Kroger turned out to be 89.63 because of coupons, coupons, coupons! I didn't realize that Kroger doubled coupons (score!) and combining the coupons with some already-on-sale items, I cleaned up. It was a really good feeling seeing that 26.00 savings on the receipt. I'm truly a believer now, and will continue to hoard my circulars for just such another occasion!
Piano Test Over!
I always stress before tests- thankfully, I got my second test for class out of the way on Thursday, and even managed a solid B. I knew it wasn't going to be stellar because of the accompaniment thing, but I got some pointers on how to improve on that as well. All I have to do is keep swimming until the final- just like Dori!
Friday
I cleaned my house! Finally! No nesting "burst of energy"- I just woke up, and started waddling around with the vacuum and my cleaning basket. The front window was the worst- between Koko's nose prints on the glass and Duke's footprints on the sill, it was pretty nasty. I'm glad that's done!
I had my "fetal growth and development" ultrasound at the hospital. Being as Friday was my due date, we were all holding our breaths to see what the resulting measurements would yield as far as his actual age, and there WAS a difference. Instead of the baby being 40 weeks old, he was found to be....
39 weeks and 5 days.
When I told Scottie (via phone), his exact words were "WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM!?"
At any rate, we saw the baby suck his fingers, and got TOTAL confirmation that we're definitely having a boy, due to the hard-boiled egg sized boy parts we saw on screen. That was funny...
After my test, mom and I had lunch at Ruby Tuesday (mmmmm...Salad bar!) and got our toenails done. As per my facebook status, I understand that the pedicure turned out well- I haven't seen my feet :)
After all that excitement, we had even more, because it was Poppa's birthday! I was really hoping to have gone into labor exactly on Friday for that reason, but no such luck. Pop calls the baby "Howard" (that's his name), and was having a few words with him about not having been born yet. I appreciated that :) We had a big family dinner out at his house, ate pie, played cards, and kept him up WAY too late, but everyone had a great time. Koko even got to go!
The only thing that could have made this week better would have been having a baby, but I guess he's just going to get here when he gets here, and we'll deal with it then.
I'm going for another walk now- maybe that will kick start some things!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Best things this week!!
Posted by Jess at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment