This week was supposed to be relaxing, but so far it's been anything but!
After my appointment on Monday, my doctor scheduled a "Biophysical Profile" to make sure that our baby is still growing, thriving, and that my amniotic fluid levels remained appropriate, due to some sketchy test results. Scottie couldn't make it, so I invited my mom to go with me since it was basically an in-depth ultrasound. Of course, the Grandma-to-be was excited. We were also in the process of making curtains for the baby's room (weird window room), so it worked out.
So on Thursday my mom drove me to Upper Valley and we got to see the baby via ultrasound again. The test measured his heartbeat, fetal breathing, his movements, and the amniotic fluid- all of which were just fine, thank goodness. We got a VERY clear view of his face- I think he looks like Scottie, but we'll see. Good news: baby is doing great. Bad news: It's Saturday, so clearly there's been no baby this weekend.
The upside to all this is that Scottie and I got to go out with Rachel and Jim tonight! We hadn't seen both of them since a few weeks after our NYE party, and we really needed time with friends. We just did Max& Erma's and Cold Stone, but it was enough to nearly wipe me out tonight. I'm actually sitting at my mom's house right now, wearing a pair of her pj's, typing on her laptop with my feet up. (We came down earlier to visit, get the dogs together, and so that I could work on the curtains. I'll be back tomorrow for that last part...)
I'm definitely ready to be done with pregnancy for a while, and I'm ready to see my sweet baby boy, but I'm not so sure that I'm ready to be a mom! Hence the title of this entry... tick-tock to motherhood, to having our twosome permanently increased, to sleepless nights, to a lifetime of worrying about our miracle, to extra hugs and kisses, and to lots more love. All in all, it's a beautiful kind of ticking- I'm just not sure how I'm going to react when the timer finally goes off :)
This doesn't really have much to do with the rest of the post, but it's cute! This is Koko with my mom's dog Bella. My mom likes to say that Bella is Shar-Pei/mule hybrid... she's not far off, but the girls are best friends! All we have to do is ask Koko if she wants to go see Bella, and she flips out- it's way cute :) As you can see from the picture, they share space and toys fairly well- that tennis ball was demolished shortly after this photo was taken (around Christmas, I think.) I just hope they do as well when the baby shows up!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Tick-Tock...
Posted by Jess at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment