And Friday is Hawaiian Shirt Day....
Current mood: cheerful
Category: Life
Went for a second of three rounds of interviews today at an insurance clearing house called Answer Financial. I'd have to sell insurance, but people call ME, the commissions are BALLA good, and it's a pretty rockin' work enviornment. Not a huge place, but I'd have my own (spacious and windowed) cubicle-office thingey, access to an on-site gym, and no one breathing down my neck telling me that I can't poop yet because it's not 11:13, and my schedule clearly states that I am to be chained to my desk until then.
I feel it went well; the sales manager and I were laughing and exchanging stories for most of the interview, and I actually took time into his next appointment because he wanted to know more about me, my background, etc. So, looking forward to hearing from the recruiter again to get my 3rd interview, my desk, polo, and my corporate mug that says "lackey". Mugs rule.
Not to make my blog completely about my animals, (they are the best on the planet, tied with Blake the wondercat, Baxter the fridge-loving ferrett and for Laurel's benefit, Tooter the Schnoodle) but I came home to discover something more than interesting today...
As a method of containing our little Koko without her flipping out that she's in her crate, we've devised a system that involves containing her in the kitchen and hallway of our apartment. This gives her freedom of movement, but we close all dors and secure the living room arches by using a babygate over one, and her larger-than-need-be crate over the other. When I left to go to my interview today, I closed the doors, checked the always-up babygate, and pulled her crate diagonally over the arch to keep her in the kitchen, said goodbye, and left her sitting on our darling little parque entry. When I returned (2 1/2ish hours later) I was greeted by a cute white puppy on the OPPOSITE side of the babygate, IN THE LIVING ROOM. Nothing was chewed or destroyed in my absence, but I was more curious than upset. Did she move the crate? No, still perfectly in tact. Did Duke teach her how to jump over the gate? No such luck, cat was sleeping soundly on his condo. So, I stayed in the kitchen and told her that she had to show me how she got IN there. Obviously, she didnt' need my help to get out. So, I waited for her to jump over or climb the babygate. Then, I waited for her to somehow nudge past the crate. What I saw, however, was a little white climbing genuis scale the SIDE of her crate and carefully make her way over the top before jumping down and sitting at my feet.
Guess we're gonna need that second gate afterall. :)
This Saturday is Scottie's first Game experience with the Vols...108,000 people are expected to be in attendance (it's a sell-out) and I-40 will be backed up (East and Westbound) or at a general stand still starting at 1pm (game's at 5:30). I'm heading North to escape for a day. Kenz? C??
Oh! And, my husband is going to be on TV tonight! Set your VCRs to...oh, wait.
It's local.
You, most likely, are not.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
And Friday Is Hawaiian Shirt Day... (Sept. 1st, 2006)
Posted by Jess at 2:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment