CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Babymoon

My husband is awesome.

Over the past few weeks, he's been on the fence about whether or not to attend our state's annual music education conference. I didn't really see a reason for ME to go (even though I've always had a fabulous time in years past, and occasionally learn something...), but he insisted that if he went, I should go too because it would be a great way to make job contacts, etc. He got the approval from his school district to take this upcoming Friday off to attend the conference, and said I was going. Ok fine...

This meant arranging for lodging for ourselves, a sitter for the dog, and making sure we both have enough "professional" clothing for this 3 day event. I took care of parts b and c, and he got us a FOUR STAR HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN COLUMBUS!!! Not just for the conference days, but he added an extra night so we could enjoy ourselves "one last time" before our baby boy arrives in a few months. Not really sure what we're going to do on Saturday after conference wraps up- he mentioned going to COSI a few months ago, so we may do that, or just bum around Short North if the weather is nice enough... Columbus has a TON of things to do downtown. Maybe we'll just eat at the original Wendy's and call it a day :) The one thing I can guarantee that is happening: BUBBLE. BATH. BY. MY. SELF. I can't wait to see what the baby does in water- he kind of squirms when I shower, but my mom always told stories of how much my brother and I moved during bath time when she was pregnant with us. I'm just so excited to "go away" with Scottie. We used to do that kind of thing all the time- even if it was close to where we lived (Cincy/Newport, Gatlinburg) we'd just have a good time being somewhere different for a night or two together. I DEFINITELY miss the free upscale hotel trips provided by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department, but this is just as fantastic because he suggested it. Since we're getting such a killer deal on the room, maybe we'll splurge on a room service breakfast! We've never done that... and probably never will again after our son gets here :)

So, if my parents can keep our CURRENT baby an extra night, then we'll be set. (She got a haircut today and is SO ADORABLE!!! Scottie can hardly stand it...)

I start class tomorrow, and I'm kind of ready to go back and have something ELSE to do other than run errands and clean. I did get a TON of stuff done today (grocery, bank, utility office, dog groomer, shoveled the sidewalk and steps, doctor's appointment, evil-mart, cooked dinner, baked, and made some extra unsupervised progress on my baby project...) but I also took 2 naps and am ready to FALL OVER right now. I just want to get this school thing over with, and I feel like this semester is going to tear it as to whether or not I finish. It was in the plans for a long time that I would go back to school once we moved back to Ohio... it was NOT in the plans to be pregnant and have a baby while doing so. I have to sit down with my teacher (who knows the entire situation from last semester, and she's awesome!!!) and talk about time off after the baby is born, etc. Hopefully we can come to some kind of compromise about making up classes or material, etc. I would really HATE for it to come to some kind of summer make up thing, but if that's the only option, then so be it. Oy. I'm putting the cart before the horse (as usual...) so we'll just see how it goes.

I'm about to fall asleep... and I'm going to have a more difficult time doing so if the Guitar Hero addict stays up playing much longer. Night!!

0 comments: